About Ruger Security-9 9mm Luger Semiautomatic Pistol
Features and Benefits
- Synthetic grips
- Bladed trigger safety
- Internal, secure-action hammer
- 4-inch barrel and a polymer frame
- Semiautomatic action with a 15+1 capacity
- Front cocking serrations
- Drift-adjustable, 3-dot sights
- Handedness: Right
- Barrel length (in.): 4
- Grip: Synthetic
- Rifle Ammo Type: Center fire
- Manual Safety: Yes
- Rate of twist: 1 in 10 inch
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Product weight: 23.7 ounces
- Style: Pistol
- Metal finish: Blued
- Product length (in.): 7.24
- Magazine capacity: 15+1
What’s in the Box
- 2 magazines
Important Product and Safety Information
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Firearms purchased online are shipped to your local Academy Sports + Outdoors as selected in the checkout process.
- Please note that all firearm purchases require valid US government issued ID and related firearm paperwork.
- You must be a resident of the state selected for pickup.
- Introduced in late 2017 as an improved, full-sized version of the Ruger LCP II, the Security-9 features a light trigger pull, trigger safety, “Secure Action” hammer-fired single action fire control system. The Secure Action combines the smooth trigger pull of the LCP with the short, crisp feel and positive reset of a single action. The Secure Action hammer provides strong ignition force yet allows for easier slide racking when compared with many striker-fired pistols. The Security-9 also features a dovetailed, high-visibility sight system with drift adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight, manual safety, a neutrally balanced sear with significant engagement and strong spring tension; and hammer catch to help prevent the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled, a safe, easy takedown with no special tools or trigger pull and a rugged construction with blued, through-hardened alloy steel slide and barrel, precision machined, hard coated aluminum chassis with full-length guide rails and high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame. The Security-9 has been praised for its reliability and low price.[3