About Ruger EC9S 9mm Pistol
Features and Benefits
- Glass-filled nylon frame with a polymer grip
- Fixed sights
- Double-action trigger with 7+1 capacity
- Handedness: Right
- Grip: Polymer
- Rate of twist: 1 in 10 inch RH
- Manual Safety: Yes
- Product weight: 17.2 ounces
- Metal finish: Oxide
- Style: Pistol
- Magazine capacity: 7+1
- Rear sight: Fixed
- Barrel length (in.): 3.12
- Action: Double
- Rifle Ammo Type: Center fire
- Front sight: Fixed
- Caliber: 9mm
- Product length (in.): 6
What’s in the Box
Important Product and Safety Information
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Firearms purchased online are shipped to your local Academy Sports + Outdoors as selected in the checkout process.
- Please note that all firearm purchases require valid US government issued ID and related firearm paperwork.
- You must be a resident of the state selected for pickup.
RUGER EC9S REVIEW: LOW COST, LONG HISTORY
Sturm, Ruger & Co. has been making firearms in the U.S. since 1949. It has had great success in recent years with guns like the compact .380 LCP and the Ruger Precision Rifle, both of which defined their market niches. Ruger was also one of the first companies to release a compact 9mm single stack pistol, coming out with the 9mm LC9 in 2011. A few years later, in 2014, Ruger rolled out the LC9s, updating the action on the LC9 from a hammer-fired gun to a striker-fired gun. 2017 saw the introduction of the Ruger E9s, a lower-cost version of the LC9 with fixed sights, black oxide finish, and a slightly different slide.